Friday, July 5, 2013

Grilling vegetables

Grilling isn't just for meat! Yesterday at my family's Fourth of July dinner get together I held down the veggie front with organic sweet corn, baby bok choi, radicchio, onion, and a portobello mushroom.




I dressed the portobello in a marinade of tamari, coconut oil, garlic, salt and pepper. The rest of the veggies got a dash of that as well before I popped them on the grill.





Everything came out suuper delicious! The bok choi took the shortest time on the grill and I found it helpful to prop their leafy green parts up on the other veggies to protect them from charring while the thick bottoms cooked. And the onions which I sliced into rounds and skewered took longest. I left them on for a good ten minutes after everything else which brought out their sweet caramel flavor. The mushroom was rich, juicy and so satisfying.






I ate everything as a grilled veggie platter with some fresh oregano and parsley from the garden, another dash of tamari, and topped with avocado. Next time I want to make portabello burgers!






Nieces: Naomi + Maya and me with our chalk on the Fourth



2 comments:

  1. Great family fun and delicious! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous - of such a yummy looking feast!
    Love to you my dear

    ReplyDelete