Monday, December 9, 2013

Delicious success

My first very class held at Busy Being yesterday was a delicious success! It was such a pleasure to share some decadently healthy holiday treats in such a great location.






In the class we made raw walnut brownies with tart dried cherries, and mini vegan cheesecakes with lemon cardamom cream & a spiced raspberry sauce. And all of this was made on a small foldout table and using just a food processor. It really showcased the simplicity of making raw desserts. As long as you have a few essential tools, you can make gorgeous food pretty much anywhere!






The holiday season is such a wonderful time to showcase raw desserts. Not only are they simple to make, they are healthy too! The recipes I taught use only whole food ingredients, nothing processed or refined. They call on fruits (like dates, bananas, and figs) for sweetness, and activated nuts and seeds (that have been sprouted and dried) for richness and body. Best of all they are incredibly delicious. Share them with your friends and family and even the health food skeptics will be asking for seconds. 






Special thanks to my friend Tamara for planting the seed for this workshop in my mind, to Amber at Busy Being for hosting the class, to my dad for his keen edits to my recipe handouts and for trusting me with his kitchen tools, to my mom for loaning me plates and her cuisinart, and to all the lovely folks who attended the class.

I am so happy for the opportunity to grow into my role as a teacher and I can hardly wait to teach again!

No comments:

Post a Comment