Friday, July 26, 2013

chalkin at the Rosewood Collective



Last night I had the pleasure of doing chalk art for the summer party at the Rosewood Collective, home of Olive Vintage, Sound & True, and Loretta Flower. It was suuuper fun! 

I loved sidewalk chalk when I was a kid (who didn't?!) and started to use it again recently when I came back to Austin from India. In India I was so inspired by the chalk rangoli that the women use to bless the entrances to their homes each morning. I could not get enough of these gorgeous mini mandalas that welcome in gods, visitors, and good energy to the home. 


Rangoli in Mysore India, January 2013


So now I've incorporated chalk into my almost daily ritual.




I love it for the freedom that comes with its impermanence,
for its bigness and how I can sit or lay with it, on it,
for its playfulness and its imperfections.









More thoughts and chalks to come...


1 comment: